Saturday, 25 July 2009

finished knitting my first pair of socks

I started off by casting on 44 stitches onto one needle.

Then spread the stitches over 3 needles. The first couple of rows were the tricky bits. Trying not to twist the stitches or create stiches.

This is the ribbed cuff - socks are worked from the top down, whereas normal knitting is usually done from the bottom up!

The heel is turned!

Et voila!!! a finished pair of socks. They were actually quite quick to do. The next step to master is a bit of a pattern, maybe some stripes. I sewed a little felt flower to the sid of each sock.

Earlier this year I had bought some new curtains from Ikea, they were far too long, so I had to shorten them and cut quite a bit off. I used a lot of this material to make my bunting. But had cut off the felt flowers for using for something and here was that perfect something.

Also today I added the yeast to the strawberry wine and started to stir it twice a day. Stirred the strawberry cordial twice. Strained the Borage and Malt wine into a demi john. Made a loaf of bread, walked to the market and did some gardening...... more about all this another day

No comments: