Monday 30 November 2009

ADVENT CALENDER AND CANDLES


Last night I spotted this wonderful idea on Petit Filoux's blog (http://petitfiloux.blogspot.com/2009/11/its-chocolate-time.html)
This made an advent calender out of little paper boxes that you can fill with your own chocolates.

Thank you Petit Filoux for emailing me the print outs. I have spent all evening cutting and gluing and even had to get an extra pair of hands to help, thanks Lukey. I wanted it done for tomorrow, being the first day of Advent.

This shows the boxes in close up. I printed them onto brown wrapping paper to look a little rustic!!

This is my advent candle. It has a list of numbers going from one down to 24, each day you burn off the candle down to the next number. I got this one in Wilkinsons, but have seen them in all sorts of shops that sell Christmas decorations. Some years they have been easier to find than others and this year I have spotted lots. I first got one when the children were little, and it has become a family tradition they are now nearly grown up, but Jared is still at home.
We always light the candle while we eat dinner, sometimes we forget if we have been out and have to let it burn for 2 or 3 numbers, but it is a good visual countdown. I am looking forward to lighting it tomorrow evening.

1 comment:

Petit Filoux said...

Ah brilliant!!! I’m so pleased you got it done on time! I can’t wait to open the first box tonight, this morning was a little rushed so we forgot!!