Friday 19 February 2021

laptop issues

 I had a few problems with my laptop, which meant it had to go off for repair, but it is back now and working fine.  Thank goodness for that!


Tuesday was pancake day, so made some vegan pancakes, which were quite thick and squishy and absolutely delicious.  Just flour, sugar, baking powder and soya milk, whisked together to make quite a thick batter and then fried in a little oil.  I had mine topped with yogurt and blueberries, Steven had golden syrup (adventurous as always!)  The recipe made so much we had to have the same again on Wednesday


The lettuce I grew in the greenhouse in the autumn is coming to an end so I grew some alfalfa sprouts in a jar. So easy to do, just soak in water overnight then rinse out each day for about 4 days and then they are ready to eat.  Great in sandwiches and salads, but I had them on Ryvita with topping a broadbean pate that I made




Tiny little things, but so crunchy and fresh tasting, perfect for the middle of winter.


OUT OF OFFICE ON

No more work until March - that sounds like ages away, but only 10 days.  I finished work at 2PM yesterday for the week.  We were supposed to be heading off to Potters, in Norfolk for our annual dancing holiday.  It would have been our 8th one, but all cancelled due to the virus.  I have got to take my holiday by end of March or I will loose it, so kept it booked in.  Not much to do, as we can't go far, but hope to spend a bit of time at the allotment, the forecast for the weekend is looking good.


As I finished work yesterday afternoon the sun came out and for the first time in two weeks it wasn't snowing or raining, so headed out for a run.  It was actually quite warm and lovely to get some fresh air, but oh! my legs, they felt so heavy after no walking or running for two weeks.  I have been doing weights workouts, but obviously not the same.


No comments: