Sunday 7 February 2021

The start of Spring

The week started with Imbolc, the start of spring, just the beginning, but the signs are there .... the evenings are getting lighter and  bulbs are beginning to poke through the ground.  
The first Wednesday of the month is WIGs night - my Woman's Institute, I have been part of this amazing group for 9 years now, the last two as President.   Each month we normally meet up in a hall in Colchester, but since lock down all our meetings have been on Zoom, not quite the same, infact nothing like the same but it has to do for now.
This month we had a cook- a- long from a vegan Chef @Natashathelovingchef  She spoke about her work and then showed us how to bake this Chocolate Courgette cake, we stirred and mixed and popped them in the oven.  While the cakes baked she showed us lots of ideas for presenting the cake and decorating the plates.  She sprinkled cocoa powder over stencils, made a coulis and made chocolate stars from melted chocolate
This was my creation, quite a sticky torte.  I have not had any chocolate or much sweet stuff for the last month and my tummy soon reacted to it!

I love to update the dresser to fit in with the time of year, in February it is the time for love, not only the start of Spring, Valentines Day but also our Wedding Anniversary.  All the hearts and pink things I can find to dress it up.

From a distance - looking pink!


Friday is my day off and as the sun was shining and it was quite mild I went for a run, and on Saturday morning we went for a walk around the village, to test out our new boots.
Sunday, today is our 34th Wedding anniversary and we woke up to snow and a storm
Steven fed the birds and got some logs in. I stayed in all day, did some cooking, ironing and other jobs around the house, just popped out to take some photos.  Steven went for a walk to the allotment, but I just didn't want to go out in the snow and cold

No comments: