Wednesday 14 November 2012

TO RUSSIA WITH LOVE........

 Yesterday Alice left home to go and work in Russia!  She is going to a city called Novosibirsk (hope I have spelt that correctly!) in Siberia.  I think she likes a nice cold winter, having spent the last one in Austria working a ski season and two years before in Hamburg.

Here we are at the bus station waiting for the coach to take us to Heathrow.  She is wearing 3 scarfs, two belts, 3 cardigans, 1 hoody and all her jewelry!!!  it meant that the weight of the suitcase came in on target!
 Terminal 5 at Heathrow.  Checked in the suitcase, her visa had to be checked by someone who could read Russian, it was fine and she could travel. We had dinner in a restaurant, just a light burger and chips for Alice.  I don't know how she can eat so much just before flying, but she is not worried, unlike me.

The best bit of news I found out was that you CAN now take your knitting needles on a flight - oh joy!

I left Alice to go through security with a very quick goodbye.   See you soon, have a wonderful time and learn to speak fluent Russian soon.

Home late after the bus had to take a detour as a road was closed.  She posted a photo on Facebook this afternoon, she had arrived safely.  Looking forward to lots of blog posts to hear all about her latest adventure.

And as for me after 2 months of having dinner cooked every night, I have to reaquaint myself with the oven........



2 comments:

Alice said...

You do like to put nice pictures of me on here..eyes shut!

Lizzy said...

i thought that you were just squinting as the sun was in your eyes!