Friday 7 December 2012

MAGICAL MANNINGTREE

Just got back from our little towns Christmas market "Magical Manningtree".  Had mulled wine, chips and a mince pie and feel very festive!
 This is the Christmas tree, where tonight they were singing carols and the street was packed with people.
This is the bakers where I buy granary rolls and bread from on a Saturday morning.
And this is the brass band out side Gemmas beauty salon!  Made me think of Vintage Vicky a blog friend who writes about her family who play in a brass band, not far from me.  I had a look and this one was from Harwich.

Oh and I also found a knitting group.  They meet once a month, I think I might pop along in January!




5 comments:

VintageVicki said...

Hurrah a brass band :) Mine are off carol playing this morning in our little supermarket in town :)

They play whilst I shop - much easier than them helping!!

Manningtree reminds me of Woodbridge - guess lots of these little market towns were designed in a similar way.

Tracy said...

Manningtree looks lovely, good luck with your knitting group in january

tlcukjourney said...

There you are! I lost your blog! I misplaced you because I couldn't remember the title... I'll add you to my blog so I don't lose you again :) I love these pictures of your small town, the tree is wonderful!
Oh.. and you can eat a gingerbread house but after it sits until Christmas I never want to! I just put it outside for the animals!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lizzy I have just found your blog and I live in Lawford and also went to Magical Manningtree! I have been trying to find a knitting group locally and so far have only heard of one in Ipswich or Colchester. Is the one you have found nearer Manningtree? Helen

Lizzy said...

Hi, Helen, not sure if you will find this reply, but if you do, there is a knitting group at foundry court on the 4th Thursday of each month at 7 pm. I went a few times, but didn't really know anyone, if you want to go, let me know and I will try it again. just send me another comment
Lizzy