Tuesday 4 September 2012

Putting my feet up for a bit


A couple of weeks ago I had an operation on my foot.  
I had a Mortons Nuroma in the ball of my foot, which caused the most awful pain when I walked too far, stood for too long or wore heels or other unsuitable shoes.  This had got worse over the years. After waiting for months I was offered an appointment for day surgery.  My foot was numbed from the ankle down,the Nuroma was removed and the biggest bandage ever was wrapped around it.  The lovely shoe with Velcro straps was to be worn at all times and then I was sent home. 
I was told to keep my foot raised up at all times and not to walk on it. Not easy for someone normally on the go all the time.  I have tried to watch "Daytime TV" it is dreadful such rubbish.  I can't believe that Murder She Wrote is still on or how many car boot and auction room programmes there are!  At least The Great British Bake Off is on tonight.

My family have been looking after me, producing endless cups of tea and meals. They have been working so hard - looking after the chickens and allotment.  Cleaning, shopping and cooking, even learning how to make porridge just the way I like it!  
I am missing my allotment and even just walking in the garden to the greenhouse! I can see red tomatoes that need picking, but can't do anything with them. Just want to get back to normal now, but think that it is going to be a couple more weeks yet

No comments: