Saturday 25 May 2013

COW PARSLEY AND WISPY GRASSES

I have wanted to go for years, after watching it on TV, but always leave it too late. Booked the time off work ages ago and ordered my tickets in December.  Then on Thursday we set of to 

London, for the Chelsea Flower Show!

Mr HH by the entrance.
Wow! It was amazing, so big and so much to see.......
The Great Pavilion was huge 


We walked under these Amaryllis that hung down from above


Those leeks were enormous, and the purple pyramid at the front was made from peas

Row after row of Alliums, all so upright and perfect



The Waitrose stand had about 50 large flower arrangements, but on closer inspection you could see that each one included fruit and vegetables.  The most perfect looking cauliflowers in this one.


Here am I under an arch of Clematis, I think I saw the Queen walk under this on her visit!


Caught a glimpse of Joe Swift preparing to film a piece, saw it last night on the programme!

We also bought some cactus and tall grass seeds- lets see if I can get them to grow.

Outside there were many trade stands and plenty of sculptures to enhance your garden.  Not sure about some of them, would you choose this giant silver ant?
or a skeleton pulling a garden roller?
This was my favourite, a life size lion made out of drift wood.  He was beautiful, up for sale for just £20,000.
It was difficult to see the show gardens as there are so many people trying to get near them.  They are dotted all around the place, I thought that they would all be together.  We didn't get to see them all.



This is the Trailfinders Australian Garden by Flemmings won Best in Show.


This is Prince Harry's garden, The Sentebale garden.  It was ok, but seemed to be 3 very different parts that didn't really link up.  Loved the planting at the front, lots of wispy grasses.

Saw the same plants over and over again, and said over and over again "got that in my garden"!!!!  Most of the planting was informal, lots of Cow Parsley, Aqualigias, wispy grasses and foxgloves, beautiful.





This is the NCPCC Garden of Magical Childhood.  a tree house at the back and a teddy bears picnic on the ground.  But should they plant poisonous foxgloves in a garden for children?


One of my favourite stands by a florist, strings of flowers all hanging down.  They were past their best on Thursday, so not sure what they will be looking like today.

Can I go again?

 
 
 


2 comments:

http://louisehunterhandmade.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

I love that skelly!! My mum was just telling me yesterday how popular aquilegias were this year. They come back stronger every year in my garden, by accident not design!

greenthumb said...

Oh I would love to go some day. Looks like you had a fantastic day so many great photos.