Tuesday 8 January 2013

A little late....

Oh dear, this is a bit late, but was reminded today to post how the swap went that I took part in.

This was the Christmas swap organised by Lakota at Faith Hope and Charity Shopping

 

I was partnered up with Mandy from Homemade Lifestyle and this is what I recieved
 Inside this lovely vintage London Bus biscuit tin was a handmade Christmas card, a handmade felt Christmas tree ornament. A little Christmas pudding (yum). A candy cane sweet (yum). A hand painted gold heart ornament with a Christmas tree on it.  A chocolate stirrer ( for putting in hot chocolate) (yum) . A stone, hand painted with the words "in the middle of a difficulty lies an opportunity" ( a useful reminder on stressful days!). A hand knitted rose pin ( which is on my coat now).  A bar of chocolate with chili in it ( not tried this yet!) and knowing my love of tea, a box of apple and ginger tea bags and a book "The vintage teacup club" (which I am reading now).
I think the link to a Christmas song or carol may have been "Oh Christmas Tree", but I am not sure?  What a lovely selection of gifts.  Once again a big thank you to Mandy.

And this is what I sent:



 Four small vintage dishes.  Handmade felt hearts (by me!)  Baked bean tin can lanterns ( with holes punched in a star design) (made by me with a hammer and nail!) some teabags, a tiny elephant candle and a bar of vegan chocolate.

I had such fun making and collecting all the gifts, hope to take part in another swap soon. And thank you Lakota for organising it!





2 comments:

tlcukjourney said...

Wow you were super generous!! Not only that but you were super blessed with your own gifts!!

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Oh you both did really well, love it all. Especially like the bus tin, and the tin lanterns that you made. Thanks so much for taking part x