Monday 15 October 2012

OSCAR -THE LITTLE FAIRISLE TANKTOP

Started knitting this fair isle tank top, to fit a toddler in the summer.  It was supposed to be my entry in to the village show, for a hand knitted garment for a baby or child.  I had finished the back and front and just needed to do the neck and armhole bands.  Got the call to go into hospital and have my foot done and didn't bother finish it.  Until this week, had finished another project (more of that another day) and hadn't got the right size needles to start on my hat. Knitted in the King Cole double knit, not too keen on the yarn as it is a bit "itchy"!! Found the pattern here Oscar It has now been put away until next September when I hope to enter it.
I am going to link this to ta-dah-tuesday
Had a busy weekend, back on my feet and able to get about, so catching up on jobs not done.  first stop on Saturday morning was to the little theatre in the town to get tickets for their next production  - The Boyfriend- they usually do a musical in the Autumn.  I am looking forward to it but Mr HH is not quite so keen.  A quick trip to the shops and market to stock up on fruit and veg, then home to continue making the bread and hang out yet more washing.
I managed to completely tidy the front garden, another job ticked off the list.
Sunday morning saw me wielding the vacuum and dusters as i couldn't ignore the dust and dirt a minute longer and then out in the garden to wash my greenhouse.  No photos - but quite a damp job- Mr HH on the hose and me with a broom -what fun.
Top that off with Strictly, Downton Abby and a good laugh at Friday Night Dinner to round off the weekend..............

2 comments:

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Aah it's gorgeous, you're definitely destined for a ribbon next time. Really cute!
x

VintageVicki said...

Hi Lizzy - thanks for your comment on my blog :) The pics are part of a Autumn Views photo challenge - documenting the changes over a period of weeks :) I am thinking of doing something similar for the whole of 2013 - maybe just a photo of each place once a month.

Love that tanktop - you are a seriously good knitter :)