Saturday 20 October 2012

TOP HAT

I'm puttin' on my top hat
Tyin' up my white tie
Brushin' off my tails........... 


Wednesday afternoon saw me finishing work a little earlier than normal.  My neighbour knocked on the door just after 3.30 and we walked to the village hall and jumped on the coach and joined a group from the village to travel up to London to watch the musical Top Hat. 
A local lady organises these trips a couple of times a year, but this was the first time that I had joined it.  I was told to bring my sandwiches as there is no time to eat when we get there.  I was most surprised to see the others  cracking open thier bottles of wine!!  There was quite a party atmosphere by the time we got there!!
Off we set, up the A12 towards the M25 then down past the Olympic stadium, thought the East End, past the Tower of London, The Gherkin and along the Embankment.  We were dropped off right outside the front door of the Aldwych Theatre just after 6 pm.  Time for a coffee in a nearby cafe and then found our seats.  I was quite surprised to be sitting next to my neighbours mother who lives up the road.
Top Hat was a wonderful show full of beautiful costumes, lots of singing and even more tap dancing - wonderful.  The star of the show is Tom Chambers who won Strictly Come Dancing a couple of years ago.

What a treat!


2 comments:

tlcukjourney said...

Sounds like a brilliant time!

VintageVicki said...

Saw them performing on SCD last weekend - great to see Tom Chambers dancing again :)

Thanks for your comment on my post - just been reading some of your older posts - ouch at your op. Hope things are improving and you get back to normal asap. After my accident I spent from Nov to March in physio and then working on exercises since - only in last month have things really been normal.